Spring is a great time to check out the mountains and get one last chance to cool off before the heat and humidity of the summer rolls in. I recently returned home from a trip to Colorado (skied Vail, Apsen, Snowmass, Aspen Higlands, Beaver Creek and Breckenridge) with coworkers and friends. As much as I am ready for sunshine and hiking, my ski season went out with a bang. In the last two weeks I had my best day on the mountain this season, the windiest day, the icyest day and the most fun day. Nothing like spring to really confuse weather in the mountains.
Here are a few of my spring travel tips:
- Go with friends (much more fun, and better memories)
- Layers, layers and more layers, you never know what the weather will do
- Travel light and do laundry on the road
- Late spring travel = best deals on lodging and nightlife in resorts
- Always have your camera ready, you never know what you will see
- Ask locals for restaurant recommendations, you might find a hidden gem
- Did I mention layers?
So my only question to you is, what are you waiting for? Go skiing already!