Now that I am a mother of a 3 ½ year old and 3 month old, the days of “winging it” on a ski vacation are over (insert brief reminiscing sigh…). Where there once was the fun of chasing a powder day, looking for the best last minute deal and the prospect of sleeping in the back of the truck was an okay alternative has been replaced by the need for perfect location planning. Determining where my family should stay for their vacation is where I spend the majority of my energy when heading up to the resorts. Are we getting “away from it all” and looking for something more quite with a private hot tub and off the beaten path or do we need to be in the “middle of it all” with easy access to restaurants, the mountain, and shopping?
This week I brought the family to Park City, UT where my list of stay requirements seemed longer than ever.
- Location, Location, Location –
- With the kids signed up for two days of Park City Ski School lessons – I needed to be able to get them their easily each morning.
- Burrrr….it’s cold in January, I wanted to be a quick brisk walk away from restaurants each night (since my daughter loves going out).
- Easy access to Main Street was important and finding a place steps away from a shuttle route was critical.
- Sundance is going on – want to be able to see some A-listers!
- Need a spot where I can wear the little ones out and get them out of the condo – ice skating, slope for sledding, local spot to treat everyone to hot chocolate…..
I guess what I’m getting at is now that traveling has become more “plan-centric”, the value of the Mountain Reservations – destination expert program really resonated. Here I am, familiar with the destination and lay-out but finding exactly what I was looking for really took some time. I can’t imagine trying to do this with no destination background and only having the internet to try and decipher my needs. I would highly recommend letting the experts do it for you (give them your list) – I know it will be worth every penny.
For the record, with the list of my requirements, I was able to stay in the Park City Resort Plaza – unit 5061. Gold rated, great kitchen, spacious, 10 steps from the Children’s Ski School Lesson Check In, Next to Baja Cantina for my Mexican and margarita fix, and a coffee cart right out the front door. Pool & Hot Tub access, Ski In/Ski Out! Yes, I looked like a hero….
If you are going to make the trip – get what you want and have the experts at Mountain Reservations help you find EXACTLY what you are looking for.
– Kristen Cherry, Market Manager